Monday, June 4, 2012

Senegal for September...okay?!!

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to receive a letter saying I will be traveling to Senegal, West Africa for the PeaceCorps.


A lot has happened in since then and I need to start documenting a few things. For one my current timeline:


18 May: Received invitation letter to Senegal, West Africa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOTS TO DO IN BETWEEN (paperwork, passports, visas, packing lists, SHOTS!, read up on Senegal and West Africa, practice french)

26 September: Travel to staging area (unknown as of yet-might be in Washington, D.C.) and spend  a few days getting briefed on a few things, get peacekeeping passport before I fly out and get to know my fellow PeaceCorps Volunteers (PCVs)

December: At this time I hope to be sworn and pass my 3-month training period within the country and will be placed at my home site for the rest of my 24 months of service.

December 2014: End of my service and yet to know what I am planning on doing next. (lots of ideas though)

I hope to keep this updated as I go through this process before I ship out. Plenty to do and research and I am very excited!!!1


No comments:

Post a Comment